My Community
October 18, 2009, 06:29:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please post feedback, questions and concerns in the Site Comments section.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: electronic payments for taxes, etc.  (Read 5754 times)
Jessie

« on: October 11, 2006, 10:51:49 AM »

I am looking for information from municipalities who are using electronic banking for receipting taxes, etc.  How difficult was it to set up?  Are you happy with the process?  Also, if anyone has been using monthly payments for tax receipting I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks for your feedback.

Jessie
Thode & Shields
Neudorf

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 03:12:07 PM »

Our village has set up online banking/electronic banking though our credit union, phone me at 306 748-2551 and I will give you the details.

Crystal
deedles

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 02:49:03 PM »

I set up internet, telephone banking and paying the utilities online two years ago.  It's a huge success!  I even have delinquent accounts paying more frequently because they can't say the office was closed when they came to pay!  (The internet and telephone banking never close and these payments also never bounce!)  It was somewhat tedious at first to set up, but now that it's up and running it's perfect.  It was a little tricky doing my bank rec's to match the payments with the bank statement but it's easier now that I'm more familiar with it.  Be careful when setting up account with different banks.  The TD - Canada Trust bank charges $200/year for an "administrative cost" for processing payments.  Every other bank I deal with is free.  Make sure you read their agreements thouroughly.  It's been worth it!

DeAnne Robblee
Town of Marshall
Lorraine

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 06:52:04 PM »

I have been setup at both the Credit Union and TD Canada Trust for years for both Utilities and Taxes.  I receive a seperate statement from the CU each day for my utilities acc't and my tax acc't letting me know if payments have been made.  The statements show who paid and how much plus gives a total.  The TD is similiar but only sends statements if payments are made.

Not only do I receive payments faster I also find that, at the request of ratepayers, I take almost a third of my utilities directly one or the other of the banks in town for payment.  As the bills are two part I send the other part to the ratepayer with a sticker on it stating the other portion has be take to their bank for payment. The tellers pay them on line, just as an individuals would, and they show up on my daily statements. (Ratepayers in town can also pay their utilities and taxes at either bank in town as long as they have their bill with them.) I have some ratepayers that have requested their tax notices be sent directly to their bank for payment as while.  It's great!!

If you have and questions call me at 472-5292.

Lorraine McIvor
Lafleche
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: